The Italian companies that in the last 5 years have adopted CRM strategies are increasingly more.
Customer Relationship Management, often known with its acronym CRM, consists in all those practices which are necessary for a company to collect data and information related to potential and existing customers, succeeding in creating a relationship of trust with the latter.
For Italian companies CRM is gaining the same importance that previously was reserved only to another practice, the one called ERP (Enterprise Resources Planning), which consists in the management and planning of all the business activities and resources of a company. It must be said that the first should not exclude the second, in fact a company, to reach the results it has predetermined with the ERP, can’t be able to leave the study of the data collected with CRM out of consideration.
Generally with CRM, a company aims to:
- acquire new customers;
- maintain those already existing, avoiding desertion;
- transform the latter in its “procurers”, encouraging new potential customers to contact the company.
What many of us ignore is that there are three types of CRM:
- operational: the application and use of solutions for the automatization of the business processes which provide a contact with the customers;
- analytical: which consists in the extraction of the data collected thanks to the operational, to improve customers knowledge and analyze their needs and behaviors;
- collaborative: uses the most common communication technologies (telephone, fax, emails, etc…) to manage the contact.
So, the best Customer Relationship Management software is the one which includes the management of all the three CRM types previously discussed, which allows the company to keep in touch with customers, which makes the interaction possibile and permits to enter and analyze data and information so that the best strategies for the company business are studied and refined.